Friday, March 6, 2020

Friday check-in: Jeans sewing and fabric organization


I have been working through the Curated Closet, and recently sorted through my clothes, keeping those in fabrics and colors that I enjoy wearing. I decided to go through my fabric with the same thoughts in mind. Of course I felt it necessary to reorganize my fabric collection at the same time, including storing pictures and yardage for each fabric on Trello. So far, I have logged 80 yards in Trello (yikes, that's a lot of fabric).


I am working on slimming down my fabric collection so that it can all fit in my craft room--it is currently overflowing into two neighboring closets. Last year, I used SewJournersStash Shrinker spreadsheet to sew/donate twice the fabric yardage that I bought. This year, I'm shooting for a 3:1 ratio. Last fall I donated 25 yards. In this clean out, I've pulled out 31 yards of fabric for donation so far.




This week I was able to make quite a bit of progress on the jeans; I am about to sew on the waistbands. Yesterday the rivets I ordered from Wawak arrived (in addition to thread and iron-on fabric to make patches for the many holes my boys put in their pants), so I am set for jeans-making supplies. I think I even have enough spools of topstitching thread!


That's it for now. Until next time, happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment